christmas

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Conference Weekend

So I did end up going with the guys hunting this last weekend! :) Boy did we have an interesting time. We went out Friday night and set up our "camp." We made up our beds and then had a fire. It was a very chilly night/morning. Sleeping was a little warmer then the morning was but unfortunately I didn't get any sleep. Even though we had a ton of blankets underneath us it was still uncomfortable and a very small space. Because of the government shut down, they closed the bird refuge so every one and their dog that goes there came into our area. So there were tons of cars that were driving by the hole night. In the morning we went out, found our spots, set out the decoys, then the wait began. This year they did it a little different. I don't understand it all but all I do know is that we were suppose to start on 7:30. There were some pretty stupid people out there, THEY started shooting at 6:50-7:00. At that time there was a TON of ducks and geese that were flying by. By the time 7:15 came around they had all disappeared on us. :( It was a very sad opening day of us. At least we were able to get something. Doug wounded a bird and Ben finished it off. (I don't like when they actually get one.) I have been wanting to go up the mountains, hike, and get some pictures of the changing trees. So during the Conferences I made my parents come with us on our hike, Since we had nothing else to do while waiting for the second session to start. I love fall. I love the light jacket weather. The color of the leaves. The leaves crunching under my feet. Playing in the leaves. I haven't done that forever. That was on thing I liked to do when I was little. Maybe I can get Aaron to play with me in the leaves this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment